Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: English on repeaters?

English on repeaters? 07 Okt 2019 19:54 #508

• Andre Robitaille
  • Andre Robitailles Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
Moien!

My family and I are traveling this evening from the USA to the city of Luxembourg. My wife, Susan, and my son, Etienne (www.qrz.com/db/WI9EJR), are applying for dual citizenship, and we will be staying for about a week.

We are bringing an Elecraft KX3, and I'm considering bringing an Icom ID-51a as well. What I was wondering is if English is permissible on any of the repeaters, such as LX0LU? Neither my son nor I speak French, German, or Luxembourgish.

Merci,
Andre
LX/WI9AJR
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

English on repeaters? 08 Okt 2019 08:55 #509

• Marc LX1OM
  • Marc LX1OMs Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 24
Moien Andre,

Yes, English is permissible. Most of the Luxembourgish hams speak or understand English.

LX has a very good D-Star coverage so bringing along your ID51 is a perfect choice. By default the repeaters are linked to DCS270 but you are free to link them to any other reflector. After the QSO please think of linking them back to DCS270.

Best 73 and enjoy your stay in LX,
Marc LX1OM
Letzte Änderung: 08 Okt 2019 08:56 von Marc LX1OM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mich LX1KQ, Andre Robitaille

English on repeaters? 13 Okt 2019 17:48 #512

• Andre Robitaille
  • Andre Robitailles Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I haven’t had much time for radio while I’ve been here. There’s a lot to see here. Went to Koerich yesterday, where my wife’s ancestors are from, and saw the unbelievable church there (for such a small town). Basically we’ve been walking around all week just exploring.

In the short time I’ve been able to use radios, I’ve learned that on shortwave radio, while in the US it’s mostly religious and Cuban stations, here it’s mostly China Radio International. On amateur radio I did make a contact with Bulgaria, and hopefully will have more time to make contacts tonight or tomorrow.